Some Thoughts on Ravi

Ravi Zacharias has had a deep impact on my faith. I have listened to his broadcasts off and on for the past decade plus. When news came out several months ago that he was involved in some sort of sexual misconduct, I was shocked. When a more detailed, independent report highlighting the extent of this misconduct, manipulation, predatory behavior came out a few weeks ago--I was even more shocked. How can someone so firmly rooted in knowledge and the truth of God, be living a completely bifurcated double life? How does that happen?

Here is an almost 10 minute video I made on my youtube channel sorting some of this out. It is unscripted and a tad meandering, but I try to talk a little bit about the nature of truth, and call Christians (leaders in particular) to purity. This is a non-negotiable, and no amount of giftedness or dynamism can supplement its lack.

It is okay to mourn when our "heroes" turn out not to be what we thought they were. I am not sure yet what I am going to do about the books I have of Ravi's. But our faith is never in any person. Our faith is in Christ, and Christ is a hero who will not fail us. He will continue to build His church, and the gates of hell will continue to fall against His advance--regardless of who is with Him or not with Him. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Responsibility vs. Christian Suffering

Dangers of Self-Revolution

Book in Review: "Manhood Restored"