I have what you're looking for

Have you ever been asked about your faith and you feel--bashful? Not ashamed per say, just hesitant. Unsure. Maybe a tad apologetic. I often feel this way. Maybe it is due to a lack of practice or simply a fear of people. Whatever the reason, this reluctance to speak out it is something that I need to overcome.

A.W. Tozer said the following:
"I do not go to the modernist and apologize. I do not go to the liberal and excuse myself. I do not go to the philosopher and say rather apologetically, 'I'm sorry, but I am a Christian.' Rather, I go to these and say, 'I have what you're looking for. This is what you need. Something in your heart was made to appreciate everlastingness and it will never be satisfied until it gets eternity and immorality and the promise thereof.' And I say, 'I have it.'"
I love this. Tozer is expounding on the reality of Ecclesiastes 3:11, that God has set eternity in the human heart. A thirst for something more. No matter how dogmatically some may try to deny or suppress it--everyone understands this fact. The truth is that we were made for more. We were made for eternity and deep down we know that the passing fads of this world cannot satisfy this longing.

For those of you who are in Christ Jesus: you have the answer! You have in your possession what this world is feverously looking for. You have found what humanity seeks. Why are you afraid? Why do you feel that you do not have the words? You have it, so tell them you have it. It can really be that simple.

For those of you who are searching--Seeking desperately for something, anything to satisfy your inner thirst: Look no further than Jesus Christ. Every Christmas we celebrate his coming. He was God in the flesh, who had come so that we might have life--and have it abundantly! A life in Him. Ask Him to satisfy your thirst. You will not return empty.



"Whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life." -- John 4:14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Responsibility vs. Christian Suffering

Dangers of Self-Revolution

My “Force Awakens” review *With Spoilers*