Some Speaking Opportunities 2.25.21

Blog subscribers! Below are two links two recent speaking engagements I had this month:

The first is at a local church in my area, Grace Chapel, and I was blessed to be able to do some pulpit filling as they await the arrival of their new pastor. I talked about the burden of Jesus Christ, and how living in his service will prove easy and light, for He is a gentle Master. 

Grace Chapel Sermon

Then I had the privilege to do a virtual chapel at my old Christian School, talking about the abundant life Jesus offers to us in John 10:10. 

King's Christian Academy Chapel


Over the past year or so I have been very impressed by the reality of God's grace and tenderness to us. The life He offers to us is the best possible life we can live, for He gives us the very best He can give. There are many things that are challenging in the Christian life and many lines in the sand which need to be drawn with regard to our culture. There are hard realities we need to come to terms with in Scripture; but in all this we cannot miss the glory and beauty of Jesus Christ. There is so much in Him to be enjoyed, and this idea is a central theme in both of my talks. 

I wonder if we as contemporary Christians emphasize too much what we are against, what we are NOT for, instead of the bottomless richness we as Christians have and by extension have to offer a dying world. Obviously we need to speak to everything the Word of God speaks to, and there is much evil to speak against. Nevertheless I believe there should be such a joy and a hope in our words and our lives by virtue of what we possess, that we will stand out brightly in the dimness of our current moment.

Do not lose heart, Christian, our God is on the move!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Responsibility vs. Christian Suffering

Dangers of Self-Revolution

Book in Review: "Manhood Restored"